Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Helicopter Ride with the LAPD

Brandon's sister Valerie is friends with two of the helicopter pilots for the LAPD, so while we were down in California she hooked us up on a ride along with them! I have never been in a helicopter before so I was super excited/nervous. It was so much fun. We wore headsets that had the feed of what the pilot and second seat heard. The pilot has the easy job, flying. Second seat does all the police work. First we went up and just started flying over the city but after about 10 min they got a call on the radio and we had to go on a call. We flew out to the site we were called to and had to fly in a circle around a one block radius. Apparently some dude had a gun and was running from the cops and ended up hiding out in this one house. We listened in on how the second cop in the helicopter arranged all the cops on the ground and told who to go where and do what. It was pretty awesome to see how they do things and get a birds eye view of what was going down. But anyone who knows me well knows that I can't stand and spin in a circle without feeling dizzy so as we were turning and turning I was doing okay but slowly started to go downhill. We were there for 45 min and after we got the other helicopter to relieve us I was feeling so sick. I was almost ready to puke in my puke bag. We then flew out to the Hollywood sign snapped a few pics and I was steadily decreasing so they then dropped us back off at the precinct. It was still pretty awesome and a great experience! 

The Helipad, anyone who steps on their mascot is forced to do 20 push ups


The Helicopter we rode in

Brandon in the Pilots seat

Getting strapped in ready to go!
 Holding on for dear life, I am deathly afraid of heights!

 LA city

 If you look close you can see my bag in my hands
Hub and the Hollywood sign

No comments:

Post a Comment