Yes another catch up. Things got busy around here, lots of changes were made. So Brandon came back from Ranger school and 5 days later we moved! Yes thats right we had 5 days to get everything taken care of and packed up. It actually was not that bad, especially since we don't do any of the packing. We left Georgia and drove to New Mexico.
While in New Mexico we got to see our families and register my brand new truck. Before we left we decided to trade in my Hyundai for a Toyota Tacoma, it is amazing! I love the truck. I never thought I would be a truck girl though. After everything was done in New Mexico we headed out on our journey once again.
Next stop was Logan, Utah to see my sister and her brand new house. She has the coolest house ever. I love it! She did an amazing job on picking everything out. One night spent there and we continued on our way. The next 5 nights were spent in Hotels along the LONG drive to Anchorage, AK. We arrived and found us a place to live. We couldn't get into base housing so we are living in an apartment for the first year here.
Our place is in a gated apartment complex, its really nice I really like it. We spent about two weeks without any furniture till it all arrived. Finally the day came and went rather smoothly, that is until they said they were done unloading and we started wondering where all our couches were. The moving company lost our couches. So after making a claim for what was lost and damaged we spent a month and a half still sitting on the floor. We finally got our settlement money and the next day went out and purchased a new couch, a new bed, and a headboard and footboard. We got a sectional that is amazing, it is so large and now things feel complete. We still have a week till the headboard and footboard get delivered but the bed is so soft and really gives me a great night sleep.
That brings us up to date on what is going on. Anchorage is a great place. I really like living here. It is far away but I think I am really going to enjoy this new adventure. Currently I am looking for a job, I have had two interviews so far. One job offer which I turned down and the other I am waiting to hear back from next week. I really want the one I am waiting for because it is with the Small Business Development Center and exactly what I want to be doing. It is in a sense a dream job! The job I turned down was with a seafood company. I interviewed for three different positions, Admin Assistant, Payroll, and A/R, all were at their corporate office. I would have taken any of those three, the job they offered though, Receptionist at the plant. I went in to see the place I was there for 30 min left feeling so nauseous from the smell and found that my clothes carried that scent as well. The hours were 7 to 6 Monday through Saturday. And they were only offering $12 an hour. I felt so insulted that the one job they thought I would be really good in was a receptionist position! Whatever, I thought about it and decided I can be a little picky and hold out for something better to come along so I passed on it. I feel it was a good decision so we will wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment